This chorizo popcorn is a great thing to serve with drinks when you have people round for supper.
People really love it and I like making this and having it instead of a starter.
It’s also perfect for an evening in front of the tv or just if you are craving a bit of a mid afternoon snack.
Popcorn also contains three times more fibre by weight than sunflower seeds, which helps keep you feeling fuller for longer AND it helps to balance your blood sugar levels.
The best thing about it though isn’t the fact that its unbelievably delicious, its also unbelievably easy!
- 225g chorizo
- 50g butter
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 140g popcorn, or popping corn kernels (I actually couldn’t find any corn kernels this time, so I just used two bags of lightly salted popcorn which made this recipe even more of a breeze)
- First, chop your chorizo into little cubes
- Heat a frying pan, and when its hot throw in your chorizo, there’s no need to use any oil as the chorizo will produce a delicious amber oil all of its own
- Fry for 2 minutes until crispy, then remove from the heat
- In a small pan, melt your butter and add the paprika
- Once the butter is melted, you can pour in your crispy chorizo….yum
- Now, if you are me, open your bag of popcorn pop it into a lovely big bowl for serving
- Or….if you have the corn kernels, they are super simple too: Take a large saucepan, bigger than you would think as all the kernels are going to turn into popcorn which obviously take up more space
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add the corn kernels and put on the lid (this is very important unless you want a popcorn fireworks display)
- Start to shake the pan gently when you can hear the kernels popping and continue to shake gently until the popping sound slow down and then come to a stop
- Drizzle the chorizo paprika buttery mixture over the popcorn and give it a good stir so that all the popcorn is coated in the mixture