This is the EASIEST caramel sauce.
You won’t believe how easy it is to make your own caramel sauce, it only takes 5 minutes to make from start to finish.
And its absolutely delicious. Drizzle it on icecream for a super simple pudding, spoon over baked apples, bake it in brownies, smother it on toast, dip cookies in it or eat straight from the pan with a spoon.
It has three ingredients, so it literally is as easy as 1,2,3!
- 60 g butter
- 110g sugar
- 120ml cream
- Add a pinch of Maldon salt for some heavenly Salted Caramel Sauce.
- If you don’t have scales, you can see it's basically double the amount of sugar to butter and then just a bit more cream to sugar. Nothing bad will happen if you get the measurements slightly wrong, so there’s no excuse, give it a go!
- I always tend to make double the recipe, as it keeps for several weeks in the fridge….not that it ever lasts that long!
- If you are new to cooking - a good tip is to always get all your ingredients ready before you begin.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- When its melted, throw in your sugar and give it a good stir.
- After about a minute the sugar will have melted, you can tell if it as because when you dip your spoon in you can tell its not grainy anymore.
- Then pour in your cream.
- Let it boil and bubble for about 4 minutes.
- Then without any toil or trouble, it’s done!
The perfect gift to give when poured into a mini kilner jar and tied with a bow.