If you do one thing this weekend….make this cake.
For those times when you are really craving a cake but if you baked a whole one, you’d end up eating the whole thing. We’ve all been there. I’ve probably been there more often than most.
Also, this recipe is great for when you want a really quick yet delicious pudding. Or…for when you are trying to impress someone…if this fails to impress then you know they really aren’t worth the bother.
There are three main ingredients….and one of them isnt flour. Which makes this a gluten-free delight.
I’ve used shop bought Carnation caramel and a pack of rolos to make this delicious looking pud. But the possibilities for the flavours are limitless, I’ve used reeses pieces which were delish, chunks of white chocolate would be amazing…
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (I used Bournville Cocoa)
- 6 x rolos
- 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce
- pinch of salt
- crème fraiche to serve and a few raspberries
- All you have to do is mix the first three ingredients together.
- Pour half of your mixture into a mug.
- Arrange 6 rolos and then dollop a tablespoon of caramel sauce on top and a small sprinkle of salt flakes.
- Pour the remaining mixture on top.
- Put in the microwave for 1 minute, after which the top should be springy to touch, if not just pop it in for another 20 seconds.
- Dollop another spoon of caramel sauce on top, serve with crème fraiche (and a scattering of raspberries if you like).
Heaven. In less than two minutes. Does it get any easier than that?