It’s pancake day tomorrow! You will know that. Unless you’ve been hiding under a pancake! Lets celebrate with these ricotta pancakes. They are lighter than you would have believed possible. Fluffier than a pom pom. And just all round delicious.
I have been going pancake crazy in the last few weeks. I’ve been whipping and flipping like a woman possessed. But pancakes are just so delicious, I felt it was my duty. All my pancake recipes are delicious, quick and easy to boot!
Now you can officially call yourself a pancake aficionado. Congratulations! Give yourself a pancake and let’s make some pancakes to celebrate!
If you love pancakes as much as I do, I have a new toy that might be of interest… It’s a Griddle and Grill. It’s a pan of many talents. It can act as a griddle for making pancakey perfection. But it also has the ability to become a grill for getting that lovely charred effect on tuna or steaks. But perhaps most excitingly….it can act as a panini press. Hurrah! I am being serious. I love paninis and the thought of being able to make them perfectly at home is more exciting than I can tell you! I made these pancakes on my new griddle, and you can be sure that there will be lots more recipes to come!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 250g ricotta
- 125ml milk (I used almond)
- 100g self-raising flour (I used gluten free)
- pinch salt
- 60g butter / oil for cooking
- Mix the ricotta with the almond milk and egg yolks. Give it a really good mix.
- Now fold in the flour and a pinch of salt
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they are white and fluffy. You can just do this by hand as its such a small amount. It should take a minute or so. Excellent for the old bingo wings, I can tell you!
- Now fold the fluffy egg whites into the mixture.
- Spoon spoonfuls of the batter into a hot non stick frying pan with a knob of butter or a dash of oil. Cook until golden and then flip over.
Serve with berries, mint and a drizzle of maple syrup and some lemon zest. Happy pancake day!
Cor blimey, look at that maple syrup…..enough to make you want to lick the screen!
Hope you all have a great day and have a delicious one tomorrow! Don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram photos @madebymargie, so I can see your creations! xx