I love tortillas.
They are so versatile and they somehow feel so much lighter than normal bread.
Also, lets be honest, it’s weirdly fun putting your filling on the tortilla and swaddling it up like a little tortilla baby in a blanket….
Moving on. If you’ve had a big night last night – or even if you haven’t – this breakfast tortilla will put a spring in your step and set you up for the rest of the day.
This is also a really easy way to cook breakfast for a lot of people – so if you’ve lots of people coming over, this is a great way to feed them with minimal effort from you and it’s a little different which people always love.
- 1 avocado
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 4 x rashers of bacon
- 2 x tortilla wraps
- 4 eggs
- splash of cream ( or milk)
- knob of butter (about 10g)
- tomato ketchup
- The first thing to do is to turn your oven on to 200C
- Arrange your bacon on a baking sheet and when the oven is hot, pop the bacon in the oven (obviously you can fry it or grill the bacon too if you'd prefer)
- Take a chopping board and peel your avocado and cut it into small dice. Move to one side of the board
- Then slice your tomatoes into quarters and mix with the avocado
- Season with salt (preferably Maldon) and pepper and a little drizzle of olive oil
- In a bowl, crack four eggs and add a splash of cream ( or milk), season with salt and pepper
- Take a non stick saucepan (this REALLY helps with the washing up later!) and add a tiny knob of butter and let it melt
- Then pour in your eggy mixture and turn on a low heat
- Pop your tortillas in the oven for just 2 minutes to warm through slightly
- Keep stirring your eggs all the time and be patient – don’t be tempted to turn the heat up. Gently does it.
- Stir until they are nearly set – you want to take them off the heat when they are at the stage JUST before you like them as they will continue to cook when you take them off the heat
- Take your tortillas out of the oven
- And assemble your breakfast burrito