This has to be one of my favourite breakfasts. I absolutely love bircher muesli, as anyone who reads this blog will know. The flavour combinations are endless and it just makes the most effortless but most delicious breakfast imaginable.
I always make a big batch at the weekend and then I just scoop into jars which I can grab as I’m running out of the house in the morning. The ultimate in fast food breakfast.
Now, I would be the first to say that bircher, no matter what form it takes, is perfection, and I love it just as it is. But if you want to elevate perfection to…erm, what’s better then perfection? Well, the answer is this.
I love me an edible bowl. I remember the first time I had soup in a bread bowl…it was complete soggy deliciousness. Well, this papaya – or paw paw or prickly pear if you’re a Jungle Book fan, bowl is wayyy better than that. It’s fresh, delicious, and just looks ridiculously beautiful.
If you’re making breakfast or brunch for friends this weekend give a go, they’re gorgeous.
No one will frown at you for eating the bowl and best of all…there is barely any washing up!
- 80g oats
- 50ml coconut milk (to cover the oats)
- 1 apple, grated
- splash of vanilla
- pinch of cinnamon
- 20g raisins
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 papaya
- strawberries, blueberries to serve
- mint to serve
- Simply pop the oats in a bowl.
- Add the grated apple, cinnamon, vanilla, chia seeds and raisins.
- Then cover with the coconut milk. Add enough milk to cover the oats. Then cover and leave for a couple of hours of even better, leave over night.
- In the morning, cut the papaya in half and use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Fill the papaya bowls with the bircher muesli and top with berries and a few mint sprigs.
Don’t forget to tag me in your recipes – I love seeing what you guys all make! @madebymargie