This bread is MAGIC.
Making this bread will make you feel like a magician.
You stir together 4 ingredients and then pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes and ta dah you have made a bread (that just so happens to be gluten-free!)
I would actually go as far to say its revolutionary. It’s suitable for coeliacs, and people following a low carb diet, as well as those just looking for a super fast way of baking bread. And because of the ground almonds it is surprisingly filling. I will admit that I could not finish the whole sandwich (in one sitting) which has never happened to me before. I always finish sandwiches.
In this recipe, I use the magic bread to make a mouthwatering breakfast sandwich which makes the perfect weekend breakfast but this bread would also be delicious toasted under the grill with a slice of goats cheese and onion marmalade and popped on top of a tomato and baby leaf salad.
The possibilities are endless!
- 150g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bacon
- ½ avocado
- 1 egg
- ketchup to serve
- In one bowl, mix together the ground almonds and the baking powder
- Then add the olive oil and the eggs and give it a really good mix
- Pour the batter into a flat microwaveable dish - i just used a square tupperware measuring 5 inches x 5 inches
- Then microwave for about 2 minutes until the top of the 'bread' feels firm and dry to touch
- I admit - this bread is probably not going to win any beauty contests and Paul Hollywood would most likely grimace at it. But beauty is more than skin deep, which you will discover if you try making this lovely little bread
- Leave to cool and once its cool you can slice it and use as normal bread!
- Fry/Grill/Oven cook your bacon - whichever you prefer!
- I fried my bacon along with my egg
- Slice your avocado
- Spread ketchup onto your bread and assemble!
- Dig in and marvel at your wizardry at baking 'bread' in less than 3 minutes!