This is the ultimate Christmas sandwich. Eating this will transport you to a world of snowflakes and tinsel.
I promise it is more delicious than tinsel.
I made it using my carb free bread to make this sandwich suitable for gluten-free folk or just for those looking for a lighter alternative to bread.
Feel festive and eat that Christmas spirit!
- two slices of carb free bread or two slices of any bread of your choice, ciabatta would be delish
- two slices of turkey breast
- 3 slices of brie
- handful of rocket
- 1 sliced shallot
- cranberry sauce
- First of all, slice your shallot and fry until a lovely golden colour and crispy - use the same pan as you will cook the sandwich in, to minimise washing up
- Now assemble your sandwich.
- I spread mayonnaise and cranberry sauce on both pieces because I have a mayonnaise addiction.
- Now on one piece, layer on your brie, then the turkey and the rocket and then gently sandwich together. Slice in half.
- Melt a tiny knob of butter in your frying pan and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Fry your sandwiches for a couple of minutes either side until a gorgeous golden colour.
Of course, you can add anything you like, perhaps some stuffing, or some crispy bacon…Or if you are like my brother, pile it up with cold roast potatoes, bread sauce and carrot puree…
What makes your perfect Christmas sandwich?