It’s what you have all been waiting for…part two of my Desert Island Kitchen Kit.
Without further ado….
9. wooden spoons, essential! and these ones are so sweet!
10. sieve. crucial and so useful. Although I loathe washing these up – I haven’t quite figured out the knack
11. a couple of baking trays – if you get these lovely enamel ones they are perfect for taking meals from the oven straight to the table
12. 2 x cake tins. I’m not a huge fan of the silicone ones as they wobble everywhere and make me feel like I’m juggling a jelly. I like the loose based ones like these. Definitely buy two (the same size) so you can make beautiful sandwich cakes. I have two that are almost the same size, but not quite. Not quite the same size cakes are not a good look
13. Knives! I would recommend a good quality chefs knife, a flexible filleting knife, plus a bread knife and a small vegetable knife
15. peeler. Great for peeling vegetables. But also great for getting thin ribbons of vegetables to use in salads, and roasted vegetables
16. Chopping boards. I’m obsessed with wooden chopping boards as I love
shoving lovingly arranging things straight on the boards and taking them to the tables. So to me wooden boards are worth paying a bit more for as they serve a double purpose, like a double agent. However, I’m no snob and also have plenty of plastic ones, so take your pick!