Eggs Benedict has got to be one of my all time favourites. But I have a niggling feeling that gobbling a whole pack of butter for breakfast probably isn’t that good for me. I’m quite intuitive like that.
So, I set about trying to make a healthier alternative and the result is unbelievably delicious. This avocado hollandaise is a real delight. It’s so easy to make, seriously about a gabillion (exact number) times easier to make then hollandaise, and it’s actually good for you too! Yay.
Avocados are called a superfood for good reason. They are just bursting with all the healthy fats that our bodies need for glowing skin, luscious hair and nails and just for general health and wellbeing. The fact that they are so naturally creamy and delicious is just icing on our very healthy cake.
Absolutely feel free to add in a couple of slices of ham or grilled bacon. The combination is incredible.
But I like this stripped back option as a quick, satisfying and smile inducing breakfast.
- 1 medium avocado
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt, pepper
- 2 eggs
- handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- handful of rocket
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 slices bread
- Simply pop the avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper and a splash of water into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until completely smooth, add more water as necessary. You want it gorgeously thick but also a runny consistency that you can pour.
- Toast your bread and poach your eggs.
- Top the toast with a handful of rocket, a handful of sliced tomatoes. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Top with the avocado hollandaise. Heavenly.