This is such a simple salad. Simple but effective.
I love that it only has a handful of ingredients and is so quick to whip up but my goodness is it a delicious combination of flavours.
This is the perfect sort of lunch for a quick week day lunch – it holds up beautifully so you could even make it the evening before and take it to the office for a desk picnic that will make your colleagues weak at the knees. But I’ve also served this as a starter at dinner parties and it always goes down a storm.
I can’t be left alone around halloumi for too long, as it is just one of those things that is dangerously easy to gobble up before it’s even made its way to the plate… who knew something so squeaky could be so good?
Like lots of my recipes, this isn’t completely prescriptive – as long as you use this mix of ingredients, it will taste good!
- 250g halloumi
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- two handfuls of rocket
- Dressing: 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic, salt and pepper
- ½ lemon
- Slice the halloumi int0 6 slices and either fry in a non stick pan with a tiny dash of oil, or place on a baking sheet and grill for a free minutes until golden and gorgeous.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes, and arrange with the rocket and cooked halloumi on two plates
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the two salads
- Finish off with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Complete and utter heaven