This is such a simple but utterly gorgeous treat.
I was going to say it’s perfect for those hot summer days, but for us living in England that would mean we would be limited to making these only a few short weeks of the year…! So, whilst this is complete perfection for days filled with sunshine, I have also found that these are the most perfect snack for just about anytime of the year….or any time of day for that matter. As with lots of the greatest snacks, these take literally seconds to whip up, but in the most magical way they also look beautiful and people are always seriously impressed by them. And I like it when people are impressed. And you will too. Just whatever you do, don’t tell them how pips squeak they were to make and just bathe in the appreciation.
Obviously there is more to these gorgeous treats than mere looks, I’m not that superficial. They are packed full of goodness too! Coconut provides lots of essential healthy fats our bodies need and the berries are full of vitamins. These are lactose free and so are really easy to digest so will help boost your metabolism. What’s not to love? These are such a healthy treat to snack on, but I promise you, even those inclined to stay away from the healthy options will be gobbling them too!
- 1 x 125g pot of coconut yoghurt - I used Coyo
- 1 tablespoon of agave,( or raw honey) -slightly depending on how sweet your tooth is - you may choose to leave this out if you like
- 250g fresh raspberries
- Sprinkling of freeze dried raspberries - probably about 15g
- Zest of half a lemon
- Simply line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- If using, squirt the agave or sweetener of your choice into the coconut yoghurt and give it a really good stir.
- Now scoop the coconut yoghurt onto the baking parchment and smooth it out so its about the thickness of a pound coin.
- Scatter over the fresh raspberries and the finally finish with a sprinkling of freeze dried raspberries and the finely grated zest of half a lemon.
- Now pop in the freezer for about an hour or so to firm up. Once it's frozen break into hunks and enjoy! (I have found the most effective way for breaking into shards is to poke the tip of a large knife into the centre and push down and it all cracks in a very satisfying way into perfectly un uniform pieces.
I hope you love these as much as I do! To see where I’m posting from this week have a wander over to Instagram…and have a look for MadebyMargie x