This has to be one of the easiest puddings in the world.
And definitely one of the most delicious.
It hardly warrants a recipe – as it is merely a handful of frozen berries smothered in a hot white chocolate sauce. As the hot chocolate hits the frozen berries, the berries thaw a little and melt a little themselves into the chocolate. It’s amazing and is definitely one to try!
It’s perfect for dinner parties when you want to spend more time at the table than slaving away in the kitchen. It is also the perfect pudding for when you have impromptu guests, as the ingredients are things you probably have in your kitchen anyway.
I always have frozen berries in the freezer, for popping into a smoothie, or whipping up a coulis, or for this amazing pudding.
- 500g mixed frozen berries (you can buy these in the supermarket, the only ones i would avoid are the strawberries) - I only used frozen raspberries this time as that is all I had, but this recipe lends itself well to any kind of berries
- 140ml double cream
- 140g white chocolate
- Break up your chocolate into small pieces.
- Then, simply pour the cream into a saucepan and heat gently until it it is bubbling gently but not boiling rapidly.
- Turn off the heat and throw (not too hard!) your chocolate into the pan and give it a good stir. The heat from the cream will melt the chocolate and you shouldn't have to add any more heat.
- Now arrange your berries onto four plates and take to the table.
- Pour your now melted chocolatey cream into a jug and take to the table.
- Allow each guest to pour the hot chocolate cream onto their berries and tuck in.
Now is not the time for manners, don’t wait for everyone else, just devour!