To me, these waffles are the epitome of Summer. Fresh juicy strawberries, with deliciously good for you Strawberry Nana Nice Cream, crushed meringue and fresh mint. What’s not to love?
These waffles are wonderfully easy to make, and deliciously light. They go so well with Margie’s Strawberry Nana Nice Cream™, add a scattering of fresh strawberries and some crushed meringue and you’ve got yourself heaven on a plate.
Perfect for pud, but also a wonderful breakfast or brunch. If someone you love has a birthday coming up, what could make a more beautiful birthday breakfast?
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- drop of vanilla
- ¼ cup and 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- Strawberry Nana Nice Cream
- Mint sprigs
- One meringue
- Tip the oats into a food processor and blitz until it resembles flour. You’ve just made oat flour. Hurrah!
- Now tip the oat flour into a bowl and add the salt, and baking powder. Give it a good stir.
- Add the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla and the melted coconut oil. Stir well.
- If your coconut oil seizes when you add it to the dry ingredients, don’t panic! Just pop the whole mixture into the microwave for a few seconds and alow it to melt again.
- Allow the whole mixture to sit for 10 minutes or so. This is around the same time it will take for your waffle maker to heat up, so hopefully not to much of a problem. Allowing it to rest means that the oat flour has time to soak up some of the liquid.
- When ready, cook the waffles in the hot waffle iron. I like to just add a dollop to the middle of the iron so that they come out in uneven but lovely looking circular waffles. They should only take a minute or 2.
- When cooked, allow to rest on a wire rack until you’ve used all the mixture.
- Serve the waffles with scoops of strawberry Nana Nice Cream, sprigs of mint and then crush a meringue until it scatters satisfyingly over the top.
Head over to www.NanaNiceCream.com to find out more about Margie’s Non Dairy Frozen treat!