This has to be one of my favourite lunches.
Quick, delicious and seriously easy.
It’s as warming and nourishing as it is scrumptious. This is a bowl that was inspired by the wonderful Good Life Eatery in London. If you haven’t been, you must go, it’s a shining example of how nutritious food can be wonderfully delicious. But no longer must you despair about not being able to pop over the The Good Life Eatery, now you can just whip up your own. Hurrah! They call me The Healthy Food Crusader. Okay, I don’t think that’s true, but one can but dream.
You could even make this the night before and take it along to work. Then boil an egg at work, (you can use the kettle) and pop the egg on top. Now, work just got a whole lot more interesting!
- 250g cooked quinoa
- 130g pancetta cubes
- ½ head of broccoli
- large handful torn kale leaves
- 1 sweet potato
- dash of olive oil, and balsamic vinegar
- sprinkling of seeds
- 2 eggs
- First, cook your quinoa according to packet instructions
- Put your kettle on to boil
- Next pop your sweet potato in the microwave and cook for about 4-5 mins until soft. Then cut in half and peel and cut into rough chunks
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of oil into a frying pan and fry the pancetta until crispy and golden. This may sound like a lot of oil but it’s going to serve as the dressing for the salad, so it will work beautifully I promise. Turn off the heat and add the quinoa and sweet potato and stir so its all coated in the delicious pancetta oil
- Once the kettle has boiled, pour into a pan and add the broccoli and kale and cook for about 3-4 mins until both are tender. Use a slotted spoon to scoop the broccoli and kale from the water and pop it into the frying pan with all the other ingredients. Give a good stir and add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, poach two eggs in the water you cooked the greens in.
- Scoop everything into two bowls and top with a poached egg. Sprinkle with seeds.
- Burst the yolk and admire your handiwork...
The perfect dish for you to make this weekend. Have it for breakfast. Have it for lunch. Or be a devil and channel your inner Margie…and have it for both xx
Ooooh don’t forget to sign up to the blog, you”ll get exclusive recipes, AND there is something very exciting coming soon which you will not want to miss! Beep beep toot toot x