Once the clocks change, and the nights draw in, there is nothing better than snuggling up with a hug of steaming hot chocolate, especially if the hot chocolate happens to be dairy free! This is the ultimate in warming comforts.
I don’t eat or drink dairy, apart from the occasional smidgen of cheese, but very rarely. I was one of those annoying teenagers who had great skin and then I hit my middle twenties and BOOM. It was a horrible surprise, and I tried everything. I went to loads of specialists and they tried to ply me with steroids and pills, but I wasn’t keen. Someone suggested I cut back on the dairy and the results were instantaneous.
The difference it has made to my skin is unbelievable.
It was partly this that was the inspiration behind making my NANA NICE creams which offer a delicious non dairy alternative to traditional ice cream. There are so many people out there who can’t tolerate dairy but it really doesn’t have to mean you can’t enjoy delicious things like ice cream, or even better NICE CREAM! If you haven’t already go and have a look at our website www.NanaNiceCream.com and you can find out some more.
Back to the matter in hand…this hot chocolate is so easy to whip up, it’s perfect when you need something sweet and comforting.
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened, or even homemade if you're an angel)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1.5 tablespoons of 75% dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Simply pop the almond milk in a pan and heat gently for a couple of minutes
- Add the cocoa powder, the dark chocolate and the maple syrup.
- Give it a good stir and allow the chocolate to melt.