Savoury granola is such a satisfying thing. It’s crunchy, delicious, and makes the most perfect topping for soups.
So when New Covent Garden Soup Company asked me to come up with a delicious topping to go with their soups, I knew that my crunchy savoury granola was going to be just the ticket.
I’m a big fan of soup. It’s one of those meals that’s both warming and comforting. I tend to have a hunk of bread or crunchy croutons with my soups, but recently this savoury granola has been a favourite in our house.
It’s so simple to make, and again, like all my recipes – feel free to play around with the ingredients. Don’t stress too much if you don’t have everything listed here – it’s just a fun recipe to play around with!
Revive your super quick lunch-life and give this a go!
- 1 egg white, whisked
- 1 tablespoon honey
- good pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ⅓ cup rinsed, uncooked quinoa
- 2 slices bacon
- 6 chives
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Simply mix everything together in a bowl and then tip onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. You want a thin layer so that it can all cook evenly and get golden and gorgeous.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Set aside to cool
- Fry/grill/bake the bacon until lovely and crispy, then roughly chop.
- To serve, crumble the granola onto the soups, sprinkle over the bacon and the chives.