These flapjacks have that elusive gorgeous ‘chew’ factor that makes a truly fantastic flapjack.
I’ve experimented with lots of “healthier” flapjacks, but none of them had matched up to the butter blanketed, and sugar drenched flapjacks we all know and love…until I made these. These are unbelievably scrumptious and so simple to make.
These make the most perfect mid morning snack or afternoon pick me up, I just can’t get enough of them! Whip up a batch of these at the weekend and you’ll have a delicious supply ready for the week.
- 2 cup rolled oats (I used gluten free, but any oats will work!)
- 4 tbsp fine desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp natural Almond butter (available from health food shops)
- 2 tbsp coconut butter (manna)
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g macadamia nuts
- 40g dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Line a small baking tray with baking parchment. Approximately 8 inches x 8 inches
- Mix the rolled oats with the coconut in a large bowl.
- Then, pop the Almond butter, coconut butter and brown rice syrup into a pan and gently heat until it all melts together.
- When it’s all melted, add the vanilla and then pour over the oats.Give it a really good stir well to combine.
- Then, pour into the tray and use the back of a spoon to press down into an even layer.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until just turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven allow to cool before cutting into slices and enjoying with a cup of tea and friends (friends not mandatory, I’ve eaten a batch to myself before too).