I love how quick and easy these chocolate orange, pistachio and rose bars are to whip up. The hardest part is just waiting for the chocolate to set…*cue lots of food tapping and clock watching a la Britney Spears Baby One More Time.
The great thing about this chocolate is that it tastes great no matter what you bung in – so get creative. Try cranberries, toasted hazelnuts, sea salt, nut butter, berries, dried fruits…the possibilities are endless. I personally love the mix of zest clementines bursting with freshness contrasted with the salty pistachios and the fresh floral rose petals. Just heavenly.
Why not whip up a batch of these for Christmas? I would argue they are more delicious than a box of Roses or Quality Street. They also keep beautifully in the freezer, so you can get ahead – they don’t freeze hard, so you can eat them straight from frozen. Easy breezy.
I also love giving these as presents, people love them and they love the fact that you took the time to make them something personal.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1½ cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ melted coconut oil
- small pinch of salt
- 1 clementine, peeled and separated into segments
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 orange zest
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals
- Simply mix the cocoa powder, maple syrup and melted coconut oil together with a pinch of salt. Mix until smooth and gorgeous looking.
- Try hard not to eat it all before it hardens. This is a hard step, but I believe in you.
- Line a small baking tin – about 11cm x 17cm (4 ¼in x 6 ¾ in ) – or similar sized container with baking parchment.
- Scatter the clementine segments out onto the baking parchment and then pour the chocolate over the top. Scatter with the pistachios, rose petals and orange zest
- Leave to set in the fridge or freezer for about an hour until firm. Cut into chunks. You know what to do.