What is a womelette I hear you cry! Why, it’s a delicious cross between a waffle and an omelette. Duh. Welcome to the world of the womelette.
It’s a hybrid I wish I had stumbled across many moons ago, as it’s incredibly easy to make, and simple delicious. Simply whisk your eggs together and cook in the waffle maker for about a minute or so until set. And there you have it. The easiest omelette you will ever make, and the easiest waffle for that matter. No muss, no fuss.
I love a cheese omelette. So simple and just so comforting. So I’ve added a bit of cheese to this womelette but of course you could leave it out if you don’t ‘do’ dairy. Then of course the combination of the bacon and avocado is such a classic that it’s hard to beat. And because I just didn’t think this dish was using enough eggs, I have topped the whole ruddy lot off with a fried egg. Perfection.
You can sandwich your womelettes together and really get stuck in…but i recommend a bib if you choose this option, or go dainty and use a knife and fork. No matter the method, the end result is truly delish.
Like all the best things, this is great for breakfast, brunch, lunch or supper. Huzzah.
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ avocado, sliced
- 2 slices bacon
- sprinkling of grated cheddar - go for the strong variety, and you will need to use less.
- salt and pepper
- teaspoon coconut oil
- Turn on your waffle iron and get it good and hot. (If you don't have a waffle iron, then don't panic! I never used to have one, so I tell you how to go about it here)
- While it is heating, fry the bacon and then the 1 egg in the coconut oil. Set aside.
- Whisk 3 eggs together and season lightly.
- Pour into the hot waffle iron and cook for a minute or so, until it is firm to the touch. Then add the sprinkling of cheese, and cook for another 20-30 seconds until it is melted and yum.
- Top withe the crispy bacon, sliced creamy avocado and the fried egg
If you are serving more than one person, just preheat the oven to 50C and then pop the cooked womelettes in the oven to keep warm whilst you carry on with the others in the waffle iron.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Made by Margie, you will be joining good company!