These are seriously easy to make, and are seriously delicious.
I would recommend buying cooked black beans in the can as this whole dish can be whipped up in a minutes. You can of course use the dried ones but you will need to soak them over night and cook them for about 50 minutes until meltingly tender, no big deal, but takes a little bit more love.
Cover with boiling water, cook until tender, and drain
These are so good, even the hard core meat eaters wont be bemoaning the lack of meat I promise!
- 2 cans cooked black beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon juice
- 3 avocadoes
- 1 large handful of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ red onion, diced
- soy crème fraiches
- handful of coriander
- 12 mini tortilla wraps
- Drain your beans. Add a generous drizzle of olive oil to a pan and when it't hot, add 1 crushed clove of garlic.
- Let it sizzle away for a minute, don't let it burn.
- Throw in your beans and give it a good stir to make sure all the garlicky oil coats every little bean. Allow to gently cook while you get everything else together as the heat will encourage the garlic to really mingle with the beans. Be sure to taste before you add salt as all the beans differ.
- Season accordingly. Beans normally benefit from generous seasoning.
- You can either chop the cherry tomatoes in half and mix with the diced red onion and a handful of chopped coriander and a pinch of salt. This can also be put into a bowl and set aside OR you can gently fry the diced red onion and after about 5 mins, when they are nice and soft, throw in your tomatoes and cook for another 5 mins until soft and smooshy.
- Add the coriander when you take it off the heat. Both ways are equally delicious, the flavour from the cooked tomatoes are more intense, whereas the tomato salad is more...salady? Fresh, it's fresher.
- Peel and mash the avocado using a fork and squeeze on the lemon juice and 1 clove of crushed garlic, pop into a bowl, season and set aside.
- To serve spread your guacamole onto a tortilla wrap, layer up with the tomato salsa, a pile of black beans and a dollop of soy crème fraiche and dig in!
- I think its fun to bring all the elements to the table and let your guests help themselves. If you don’t fancy the wrap, these are also seriously good, loaded into gem lettuce hearts. Surprisingly filling! =.