Happy Pancake day everyone! In my opinion this is one of the best days of the year.
I much prefer pancake day to my birthday and to be honest I think there should be a pancake day at least once a month. For me pancake day is pretty much the second Tuesday of every month.
That being said, I cannot believe I haven’t shared a pancake recipe with you yet! So, in order to make up for it I am sharing one of my favourites with you. I try not to play favourites with my pancakes and I love all kinds, from thin crepes, to thick American style pancakes. They are amazing as a pudding or breakfast but I also love them for supper drenched in a creamy mushroom sauce. Amazing. You also know I love them for canape parties – they are just so versatile!
So, whilst I try hard to avoid favouritism, I have to say these Banana Pancakes are pretty close to perfection, especially if you are in the American style pancake camp. These are light and fluffy, and so simple to make!
These are insanely easy to make and only use three ingredients! The kind of cooking that makes you feel like a real magician! Just call me Harry Potter, or Hermione Granger.
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- pinch of baking powder
- Simply mash the bananas in a bowl. Use a fork and be firm. They need to be as mashed as you can make them. So get squishing. This ay be a challenge if the bananas are not perfectly ripe, but give it some welly.
- Then, crack in the egg. Whisk well so that it's as smooth as possible.
- Add a pinch of baking powder.
- Heat some oil/butter/coconut oil in a pan, depending on what tickles your fancy.
- Spoon in the batter, cook for a minute and then flip over.
Easy, peasy. Serve with sliced bananas, raspberries and a drizzle of honey…
And dig in to reveal the gorgeous layers in that stack of gorgeously guilt-free pancakes….what a heartthrob.
If it’s your birthday, consider serving with a naughty drizzle of dark chocolate and a scoop of Coconut Yoghurt. Actually, no need to wait for your birthday, these could be an every day breakfast!