Not all breakfasts were created equal.
It’s a cruel, harsh reality. But it’s true.
Much like bottoms. They too were not all created equal. Some people were handed more than their fair share…yes Kim Kardashian, we are all looking at
you your bottom.
Well, the same can be said of breakfasts. And I can assure you that if this breakfast bowl was a bottom, it would be Kim Kardashians bottom.
Hmmm. That sounded better in my head. Perhaps likening a breakfast to a bottom is not the most effective way of selling it to you.
But nobody could argue that a sad little bowl of soggy cornflakes is equal to this bowl of magic.
You have to feel sorry for that sad little bowl of soggy flakes. Except that you won’t give them a moments thought as you tuck into this bowl of complete and utter deliciousness.
This breakfast has got it all. Seriously. It’s the boom diggity. Yes I just said boom diggity. It happened. Let’s absorb that and then move on. It’s creamy, indulgent, smooth, crunchy, sweet and cold. All topped off with hot, bitter dark chocolate. Seriously.
When I was younger, I must have been about nine, I had to have my tonsils taken out. I can’t really remember anything about it other than I was allowed to have ice cream for breakfast as a treat, oh and because my throat was so sore I couldn’t eat anything else. It was the best of times. .
This is the sort of breakfast that makes you feel like you are eating ice cream for breakfast. It will make you feel nine years old. You will want to gobble it as quickly as you can before someone catches you.
I’m a huge fan of having breakfast any time of the day..or night, and I can promise you this is one you will be dreaming of at all times.
Hardly requires a recipe but to make a perfect portion for one:
- Couple of scoops of bircher muesli made with almond milk, I tell you how to make this here
- Scoop of coconut yogurt. I like CoYo's
- Handful of frozen berries, I like blackberries, raspberries and red currants
- couple of squares of at least 70% dark chocolate, or sugar-free, dairy free chocolate of your choice. I get some great ones from Wholefoods.
- Scoop the soaked oats into a bowl.
- Top with a scoop of coconut yoghurt.
- Scatter over the berries.
- Then, carefully melt the chocolate and drizzle this over the top.
- Prepare. To. Be. Blown. Away.
For lots more ideas, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @madebymargie