This is such a beautiful breakfast. It’s the sort of breakfast that makes you want to braid your hair, swap your phone for a conch and feel the sand between your toes. You know? It’s one of them.
Unutterably good for you. Ridiculously pretty. Seriously easy to make. An all round winner. In the name of Crufts, it’s the “Best in show”. Not that I’m suggesting you attempt to enter this into Crufts…the dog competition. That would just be silly.
Instead, make it for yourself, and anyone else lucky enough to know you.
If you haven’t come across Acai berries before, allow me to introduce you. Pronounced ah-sah-yee, acai berries come from acai palm trees found in Central and South America. They are touted as being a superfood for anti-aging, weight loss, and overall health. i.e They’re pretty terrific!
They also happen to be delicious. I found frozen pouches of pure acai in the freezer section of Whole Foods, but I’m sure a search on the old google machine will show you can find them at other natural foods stores. Look near the frozen fruit.
I love to make this before I go for a run in the morning as it’s bursting with beautiful energy and it helps me whizz round the park. Then when I get back I can whip up a batch of porridge if I have time, or simply grab one of my overnight muesli’s as I rush out the door.
- bee pollen
- Granola, fresh berries, banana, coconut...the possibilities are endless!
- Pop everything but the toppings into a food processor and blend.
- Don't have a food processor? That's no problem, bung it all in the blender, add a little water and kaboom.
- Forgot to defrost the frozen acai? Don't worry, my little friend. Just try and break up the frozen acai up into large chunks while still in the packaging. Then peel off the packaging, and place frozen acai chunks along with everything else in the food processor, blender, or car. No! Don't put it in the car.
- Then top with whatever tickles your fancy. Trust me when I say it works with a gabillion different toppings (thats approx.)